Otoplasty, sometimes described as “pinning back” the ears, is designed to change their shape and contour. it may be performed on anyone over the age of five or six years old, the age at which ear growth is almost complete.
Specifically ear surgery can treat:
- Overly large ears — a rare condition called macrotia
- Protruding ears occurring on one or both sides in varying degrees — not associated with hearing loss
- Adult dissatisfaction with previous ear surgery
- Removal of keloid or scars
- Fix droopy or stretched earlobes due to aging, or from wearing earrings or ear gages.