What is JUVÉDERM® XC?
JUVÉDERM® XC is the smooth gel filler that our doctors use to instantly smooth away wrinkles around your mouth and nose. With just one treatment, you’ll get smooth and natural-looking results that last up to a year.
JUVÉDERM® XC is manufactured using HYLACROSS™technology, creating a smooth-consistency gel. It is infused with lidocaine to improve comfort during treatment. With JUVÉDERM® XC you get the smooth results you expect, with the improved comfort you want.
Everyone will notice, but no one will know.
How does JUVÉDERM® XC Work?
Young, healthy-looking skin contains an abundance of a naturally hydrating substance called hyaluronic acid (HA). But as you age, sunlight and other factors can reduce the amount of HA in your skin. The lack of HA causes your skin to lose structure and volume, creating unwanted facial wrinkles and folds – like those parentheses lines around your nose and mouth.
Using a dermal filler like JUVÉDERM® XC is a safe and effective way to replace the HA your skin has lost, bringing back its volume and smoothing away facial wrinkles and folds.
- Understanding Where Wrinkles From: Your skin consists of two layers known as the epidermis and the dermis. The epidermis, or outer layer of the skin, acts as the skin’s primary defense against the environment. The dermis, or innermost layer of the skin, is composed primarily of connective tissue and provides the skin with a support network. Most facial wrinkles and deeper nasolabial folds occur within the dermal (the inner) layer of the skin.
- Our Skin’s Natural Moisturizer: Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a naturally occurring molecule. Much like a sponge, its primary function is to bind and absorb water, which creates volume in the face. In this way, Hyaluronic acid can be thought of as the body’s internal moisturizer. But, as we age, HA diminishes, which contributes to the presence of lines and folds. JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel works to correct this by restoring hyaluronic acid in your skin, helping to diminish wrinkles and nasolabial folds.
Where Does It Work?
Everyone’s skin ages differently and JUVÉDERM® XC may be used to rejuvenate multiple problem areas.
Juvederm is most commonly used to treat nasolabial folds, which are the “parentheses lines” which extend from the outer edge of the nostrils to the corners of the mouth. Marionette lines (below the corners of the mouth), the lips, the cheeks, the nose, and along the jawline are also common areas where Juvederm is used to achieve the patient’s desired look.
Juvederm comes in two forms: Ultra and Ultra Plus. Juvederm Ultra is great for filling closer to the skin’s surface, for treatment of superficial lines and lip augmentation. The Ultra Plus gel is better suited for deeper wrinkles and augmenting areas such as the cheek, where the skin is thicker and the product is placed more deeply.
Why JUVÉDERM® XC?
- It’s long-lasting.JUVÉDERM® XC is the ONLY hyaluronic acid (HA) filler FDA approved to last up to one year with one treatment.
- It’s smooth and more comfortable.Other hyaluronic acid fillers currently on the market are made of granular consistency gels, but JUVÉDERM® XC ‘s manufacturing process (HYLACROSS™) creates a smooth-consistency gel that flows easily into the skin and provides a soft, natural look and feel—so everyone will notice (but no one will know)!JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel is now formulated with lidocaine, a common anesthetic used to improve the comfort of treatment.
- It’s safe and effective for different skin types.JUVÉDERM® injectable gel is the first FDA-approved hyaluronic acid dermal filler that has proven its safety and effectiveness in persons of all races and skin colors. Studies with JUVÉDERM® showed no increased risk of hyperpigmentation or hypertrophic scarring in patients of color.
- It’s personalized.One size doesn’t fit all when it comes to wrinkle treatment. A customized treatment plan is important for achieving the best results. That’s why JUVÉDERM® XC is available in two formulations—JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC for versatility in contouring and volumizing facial wrinkles and folds, and JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC, a more robust formulation for volumizing and correcting deeper folds and facial wrinkles. This allows your physicians to tailor treatment to meet your unique needs.For a smooth, comfortable experience combined with long-lasting results, don’t wait – call to schedule a consult with our doctors today.