Mechanism of Action
What is RADIESSE?
RADIESSE® is a dermal filler that temporarily adds volume to help smooth moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds (the creases that extend from the corner of your nose to the corner of your mouth).
How it Works
The Aging Process: Aging skin loses natural support structures that keep skin supple and youthful. As the years go by, collagen and elastin diminish within the skin, and this can result in wrinkles and creases.
RADIESSE®: It Just Gets Better®
RADIESSE is a wrinkle filler used to plump the skin. RADIESSE is injected through a small needle and placed under the skin. Immediately, this filler works to add volume under the skin and over time, the benefits of RADIESSE continue by naturally stimulating your body’s own natural collagen. The boost in collagen is essentially an immune reaction to the injected material that helps plump the area from within. Rather than instantly filling lines like traditional fillers, it adds volume that lifts the soft tissues, ultimately diminishing lines that way. These fillers are administered more deeply and are best suited for those with thicker skin.The natural results have been shown to last a year or more in many patients, making the treatment results both immediate and long lasting.
Indicated & Off-label Uses of RADIESSE®
Used to correct or enhance:
- Shallow to deep nasolabial folds
- Moderate to severe wrinkles
- Volume and fat loss in the cheeks and midface *
- Jawline *
- Bony hands *
- Nasal asymmetry *
Why choose RADIESSE?
- RADIESSE immediately replenishes lost volume and stimulates the production of your own natural collagen with results that can last a year or more in many patients.1-3
- Over time, the gel is absorbed and the body metabolizes the CaHA microspheres leaving behind only your own natural collagen.1
- RADIESSE is clinically proven to last a year or more in many patients2,3
- RADIESSE provides results with high patient satisfaction2,4
- RADIESSE is FDA approved to mix with lidocaine, an anesthetic, to significantly reduce injection-related pain
RADIESSE is a viable option to help provide a long-lasting natural look while immediately smoothing wrinkles.